CREATING AN ASANA PRACTICE FROM THE INSIDE OUT
1. Breakdown of 20 Foundational Yoga postures
2. English and Sanskrit name of the pose
3. Mechanics for getting in and out of the posture safely
4. Healthy alignment principles, Physiological Effects, Primary Actions and Modifications of each posture
5. Learn which Ayurvedic Doshas are begin affected and how to modify the pose to fit your individual constitution
6. Subtle Body (Vayu) effects – learn what Vayu is stimulated, toned or balanced within each pose and why this is important
7. Explore the Koshas, the 5 sheaths or layers, and how yoga effects our body, breath, mind, heart and soul.
Who is this training for? This immersion is ideal for those looking to develop their practice and Certified Yoga Teachers wishing to enrich their teachings with deeper knowledge of Āyurveda and the Subtle body and how to bring these elements into your teachings. If you are thinking of taking your Yoga Teacher Training this immersion is an excellent gateway and will give you a head start on your teaching journey!
INVESTMENT: $179 – includes materials
LOCATION: The Alchemy Studio, Revelstoke, BC.
ASSISTED BY: Stephanie Trinker, RMT.
December 7th, 2019 / 1p – 8:30p, includes a one-hour break.
December 8th, 2019 / 10am – 6:30p, includes 1.5 hr public asana class and 1/2 hr. break.